威廉希尔官方下载Mar 20, 2020
Fiber laser is a kind of laser that uses rare earth element doped glass fiber as the gain medium. The fiber laser can be developed on the basis of fiber amplifier: under the action of pump light, high power density is easily formed in the fiber, which causes the laser energy level "particle number inversion" of laser working substance. When the positive feedback loop is added properly (to form a resonant cavity), laser oscillation can be formed output.
Fiber laser has a wide range of applications, including laser fiber communication, laser space remote communication, industrial shipbuilding, automobile manufacturing, laser engraving, laser marking, laser cutting, printing and rolling, metal and non-metal drilling/cutting/welding (brazing, water quenching, cladding, and deep welding), military defense security, medical equipment, large-scale infrastructure and so on.
In recent years, the application of industrial laser in the manufacturing industry has been promoted rapidly, and it has been widely used in metal plate, pipe, consumer electronic products, glass technology, fiber materials, semiconductor materials, automobile manufacturing, marine equipment, etc.
As a representative of the third generation laser technology, fiber laser has the following advantages:
(1) The advantages of miniaturization and intensification brought by low cost, mature technology, and fiber's flexibility;
(2) Glass fiber does not need strict phase matching for the incident pump light, which is due to the wide absorption band caused by the non-uniform broadening of the glass matrix caused by the star splitting;
(3) Glass material has very low volume area ratio, fast heat dissipation, and low loss, so the upconversion efficiency is high and the laser threshold is low;
(4) There are many wavelengths of laser output: This is because the energy levels of rare earth ions are very rich and there are many kinds of rare earth ions;
(5) Tunability: due to the wide energy level of rare-earth ions and the wide fluorescence spectrum of glass fiber.
(6) Because there is no optical lens in the resonant cavity of the fiber laser, it has the advantages of no adjustment, no maintenance, and high stability, which is incomparable to the traditional laser.
(7) The fiber export makes the laser easily competent for various multi-dimensional and arbitrary space processing applications and makes the design of the mechanical system very simple.
(8) Competent for the harsh working environment, with a high tolerance for dust, shock, impact, humidity, and temperature.
(9) There is no need for thermoelectric refrigeration and water cooling, only simple air cooling.
(10) High electro-optic efficiency: the comprehensive electro-optic efficiency is more than 20%, greatly saving power consumption and operation cost.
The development of laser technology is the most important reason for upgrading laser equipment. The technical bottleneck of domestic fiber laser has been broken through, and the improvement of power is only a matter of time, followed by the improvement of output stability and quality of the laser. The development speed of the domestic laser is faster than that of foreign counterparts, from pulse fiber to continuous fiber laser.
The main application of high power fiber laser is metal cutting, which accounts for 80% of the total output. And one of the reasons for the rapid growth of the application volume is the rapid decline of the price, which has dropped by more than 65% in less than three years, bringing huge benefits to the end-users. At the same time, considering the cost performance and return rate of laser processing, the advantages are significant. With the slowing down of sheet metal processing market demand and the moderate saturation of related equipment in recent two years, fiber laser is also seeking new application growth. In addition to metal cutting, metal welding and laser cleaning applications, are relatively promising areas.