Apr 07, 2020
Bar code technology is a kind of automatic identification technology developed in computer applications. The bar code that people see in commodities every day is one-dimensional bar code with small information capacity. Generally, the bar code on commodities can only hold 13 Arabic numerals.
In application, it can only rely on the support of the database. Without the database, its application scope will be greatly limited. Therefore, people urgently need recognition technology with large information capacity, high reliability, and low cost. Based on the above reasons, the data matrix QR code came into being.
What is a QR code?
The data matrix QR code is encoded in a rectangular space by the different distribution of black and white pixels in the matrix. In the corresponding element position of the matrix, binary "1" is represented by the appearance of point (square point, circle point or other forms), binary "0" is represented by the absence of point, and the arrangement and combination of points determine the meaning of matrix QR code. Its technology is a new type of automatic recognition and processing code system based on computer image processing technology and the combination coding principle. Because it can express information in both horizontal and vertical directions at the same time, it can express a large amount of information in a small area, which is called "portable data file". In South Korea, people can use the mobile phone QR code by bus.
Characteristics of QR code
1. High-density coding, large information capacity can accommodate up to 1850 capital letters or 2710 numbers or 1108 bytes, or more than 500 Chinese characters, dozens of times higher than the information capacity of the ordinary barcode.
2. The bar code can encode the digital information such as picture, voice, text, signature, fingerprint, etc., and express it with bar code; it can express multiple languages and text; it can represent image data.
3. With strong fault tolerance and error correction function, the two-dimensional bar code can still be read correctly when it is partially damaged due to perforation, contamination, etc., and the information can still be recovered when the damaged area reaches 25%.
4. The decoding reliability is high. It is much lower than the common barcode decoding error rate of two parts per million, and the error rate is no more than one part per million.
5. Encryption measures can be introduced with good security and anti-counterfeiting.
6.Low cost, easy to make, durable.
7. The shape and size scale of barcode symbols can be changed.
8. A two-dimensional barcode can be read by a laser or CCD reader.
Current application of QR code
With the development of automatic identification technology, the application of QR code (International Standard BS iso16022) in logistics, post, aviation, automobile, medical / medicine, electronics, general industry, and retail industry is more and more extensive. It is listed in ATA spec2000 standard in the aviation industry. It is widely used in the general industry. The QR code can be directly punched on the metal surface through the needle, laser, electric corrosion, etc. to store all the information of the parts.
The advantages of using QR code for part identification are:
1. Part identification is unique and permanent.
2. Parts in use can be tracked.
3. The WIP can be tracked.
4. It can carry on the effective supply chain management.
5. Prevent counterfeiting.
6. Enhance data security.
7. The data range is variable.
8. Reduce human error.
9. Store more information in smaller areas.
10. Automatic data acquisition is used to reduce human error in copying.
The advantage of data matrix QR code identification on the surface of metal parts is obvious, but to achieve 100% machine-readable, it is always the technical threshold of QR code application on the metal surface. In this field, Austin company, which has 50 years of experience in marking equipment production, has become a leader. As a professional manufacturer of marking tools and equipment, Austin company has accumulated rich experience in marking two-dimensional code on the metal surface. Austin series point needle pneumatic marking machine, laser marking machine, and electrolyte marking machine perfectly solve the problem of two-dimensional code marking machine on metal parts surface machine-readable problem.
In today's industrial field, high efficiency, high automation, and production cost control have become the goal that the industry pursues. The unique and permanent identification of QR code with its high information capacity, automatic machine identification, and low cost will inevitably become the development trend of the industry field in the future